Purpose: to foster the continued development of a member of Phi Theta Kappa as a leader and scholar. The scholarship is intended for the use of continuing the education of the recipient and the support there of. There will be as many as five $500 scholarships depending on the pool of applicants and the Region’s resources.
- Currently enrolled student and member in good standing of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Pursuing an Associate degree or a Baccalaureate degree at a college with a Phi Theta Kappa chapter in the Florida Region
- A minimum of 24 college-level credit hours
- At least a 3.5 GPA verified by the submission of a sealed official transcript
- An essay based on the assigned questions
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a Phi Theta Kappa advisor and one from an academic instructor)
- Has not been a recipient of the Sunshine Scholarship
In a well-organized and well-written essay of between 500 and 750 words, the applicant will describe succinctly his or her growth and experience as a leader serving his or her college and community. The applicant will cite specific examples of leadership and service.
Letters of Recommendations
One letter from a chapter advisor highlighting the applicant’s leadership skills and experience as well as service.
One letter from an instructor highlighting the applicant’s demonstration of academic excellence in his or her course.
Deadline for Submission
June 1, 2021
All materials will be sent together to the Regional Coordinator at:
Pasco-Hernando State College
36727 Blanton Road
Dade City, FL33523
The Selection Committee will be comprised of the Florida Regional Advisory Board and two or more individuals who are not affiliated with any Phi Theta Kappa chapter in the Florida Region.
Any Advisory Board member who has a chapter member applying for this scholarship will recuse him or herself from the Selection Committee.
NO ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED.